Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Barn Swallow eggs




New little bird eggs... not sure what kind of birds.






Mocking bird eggs... the prettiest






Hey cutie... like that hair.


I'm obsessed with nests right now. This time of year there are all kinds of nests, eggs and new little cute birdies. We have a mud nest that stays year round and the barn swallows come back every spring and have two sets of babies. Watch out because they like to swoosh by your head when you go on the porch. Then there's the mocking birds. I usually love to listen to them, but while they're protecting their babies they make the most annoying, screeching sound. They have the prettiest eggs though.... blue and speckled. I recently found their second nest in a bush by the front porch.. I'm a sneaky spy! This year we have new birds. I don't know what they are, but they're small and oh so cute. This little momma decided to build her nest in my hanging fern. Her little guy is the last picture. Isn't he cute? And look at that hair!










1 comment:

LesChic Boutique said...

Love these pics!!!! I was obscessed with our blue bird house one year too!