Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Glen Rose trip

My husband and I made a trip down the road to Glen Rose Texas... one of our fave places to go. It's a charming little town about 25 minutes away. (I've blogged about it before...several times.)



First things first.... PIE!






Buttermilk.
YUM-O!






Is your mouth watering? Mine is!





We shared a piece and it was gone in a matter of minutes.








After we got our sugar rush we walked around the square.







My favorite building. The Talley Building. When I spent half my life on Flickr a few years ago I became friends with the owner of a cute little store in this building. Her father owns it and she lived upstairs. That's always been a dream of mine. To have a business in a cool, old building and live upstairs. Her store is no longer there and I'm not sure what has become of her. Wherever she is and whatever she's doing ... I hope she's happy.







Now my favorite store is Angels with Attitude. It's really small and smells really good.




 It has the prettiest things too. My husband bought me a candle called Snickerdoodle. Yep, it smells REALLY good. I love this little bottle mobile. I think I need to make one.






Beautiful, colorful bottles outside another store.











Now we head to our favorite place to eat. We've been several times, but always at night so it was a little hot during the day, but it was still nice. It's got a Jimmy Buffet, Florida Keys kinda vibe.





It's really nice in the evening on the weekend when there's a band playing and the candles and lights are lit up.... it almost feels like we're not in Texas, but on a beachy vaca.


 And now..... more food and drink.
Nuthin' better than iced tea on a hot, Texas, summer day..








A de-lish chicken sandwich. Once again, we shared our sandwich. We do that a lot. I'm pretty sure if we get another buttermilk piece of pie again, I'm not sharing it!!




CLOSE UP!

 Is your mouth watering again? :)






"Thank ya. Thank ya vury much."
Ha.... Elvis serenaded us while we ate.
Yep, he's alive and living in Glen Rose Texas.



No comments: