Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A new pretty~





I had so much fun making this necklace. I'm so glad I discovered the art of jewelry making. It's my therapy.
I love making pieces of whites, creams and silvers. I've made a couple of things in the past in these colors and they were snatched up pretty quick.
I am setting up a jewelry booth at the Red Horse Antique Mall tomorrow. I'm so excited!! It will be a mix of my jewelry, which is a variety of styles. I can't pick just one style to make because I love so many things.
I have vintage reconstructed pieces, mostly made of my mother's old jewelry that she collected for years. I call that line "Willeta's Vintage Jewels." Then I have a little girls line... "Little Lilly's"... too bad my girls are too big to wear this jewelry now. And I have a new line that I'm excited about called "hIpPiE cOwGiRL." I live in Texas and we like lots of big turquoise pieces and I have always loved a little bit of the hippie style so that's where the hippie part comes in :O) I've made 3 bracelets so far and they seem to be pretty popular. Now all I have to do is get some supplies to make some more. And then there's the rest of my jewelry which is just a variety of things for a variety of people~
I will also be adding some old bottles, frames and any other goodies I find to "fix up."
Wish me luck~
Oh yes, this necklace will be displayed in my new booth....

1 comment:

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi Lora!

Thank you so much for your kind words! *big hug*

I really like the necklaces you´ve made!

If you want to read my blog in english I have a translator in the upper right corner of the page. However, it makes the text a little bit weird, but I think you understan the context of the post.

You wondered about the tiny vine..I´m not sure if you mean the one you can see in this picture in the small white pot on the shelf)?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IrMicj_asfg/SiaplNx9rrI/AAAAAAAADec/Z04uYWpijjw/s1600-h/klaffbord.jpg

If so it´s a plant called Ceropegia woodii.

Have a nice day!
Mia