I made this today. YUM. It's from a Southern Living Magazine.
Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
2. Beat sour cream and next 3 ingred. at low speed with an electric mixer 2 min or until blended.
3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingred. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup roasted pecans. Spoon batter into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. After 50 minutes cover with foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan or a wire rack 10 min; remove from pan to wire rack.
5. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a heavy sauce pan over med heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool about 1 hour.
~hope you like!