Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh No!


I was getting so close to being done with this table.  The blue part of the table showing in the picture had been painted white and I was getting ready to put on another coat of white and then distress

and

this happened!



I noticed a bubble. I tried to sand the bubble, but it wasn't working so I had to get out a box cutter and cut the bubble. It was painful!




I had to peel....



...and peel. I even had to use a spatula to get under the paint.
Painful!!
{Truthfully, it was kind of like peeling a sunburn.. it's not good, but it feels kinda good when you get a big piece... I know! Gross! but that's what it reminded me of when the huge pieces of paint were coming off.}





I ended up peeling the whole section off. It was MAJOR shallac. Probably from the 70's or earlier. I'm hoping I don't get anymore bubbles. I have kilzed that section and now have to buy more spray paint.

I'm so frustrated! But I'm looking at it as a learning experience.

1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

I despise painting furniture so this would have made me sick to my stomach! I'm glad you persevered!