Monday, October 24, 2011

The Old School Desk

Here's my son sitting in an old school desk that my mom bought years ago. She probably picked it up at an antique store or garage sale or maybe the side of the road. She embarrassed me... that was before these things were cool. Now I've turned into my mother, yes, the same mother who embarrassed me. Luckily my kids think it's cool and I don't embarrass them.











What do you think the kids that used these desks back in the day would have thought if their teacher told them that someday kids would have phones that they carried around with them sitting on their desk top? They probably would have said, "yeah, and we'll fly to school in our cars."





Anyway, I love it. I think it's pretty cool. I had it in my room when I was about his age....and I think I may have sat in a desk or two like this in Jr. High.



No comments: