Thursday, September 30, 2010

My bargains for the week

It's been awhile since I've gotten such good bargains,
but this past week I found several.




I know the price tag says $1, but it was

.16 cents!!!!!

yep, only .16 cents!





I saw this little birdie at Dollar General when I had to rush to get my daughter some marshmallows for a science project that she forgot... anyway, I saw this little fella and picked him up and said to myself, "I don't need that, even if it IS only a dollar." But.. then I talked myself into it and when I checked out the checker said, "16 cents." I had to ask her to repeat herself. I just love him. He's so cute and he goes perfect in my bathroom. Now I just have to find a place to stick him. He's supposed to go in a plant, which I don't have in my bathroom.







My next bargain of the week are these funky reading glasses from Goodwill....

$1.39!


I'm WAY past due for a new glasses prescription. I need bi-focals BADLY!!
I'm hoping to use these when I'm creating. I have trouble seeing the small pieces I'm working with. Yep, I'm getting old.






I found these yesterday at Goodwill. I knew they were good quality. I'm not an expert on boots so I called my husband (who is). I wanted him to Google them for me or look on ebay to see if I could get any money for them. They're size 7 and I'm a 7 1/2. They fit me, but are a little snug. I could probably wear them if I wasn't doing a lot of walking. Anyway, my husband was in the field and not in the office by his computer so I had to decide if I wanted to pay $8 and take a chance on making any money on them. I decided to go for it. When the guy rang them up they were only $4!! The sign said that boots were $8. I didn't mention that to the guy. Was that wrong of me? Hey, he works there, not me. (Rationalization?) Anyway... I like 'em and I hope I can wear them. They will add some style to my wiww outfits!








I've been looking for more cardigans to add to mywardrobe
and I found this one at Goodwill for $4.19. I already have a
red one almost identical to this one, but this one is more
of a darker, cranberry color.

Can't have too many cardis!!



(sorry for the bad pictures. my house is dark and dreary this morning.)



What bargains have you found lately?

No comments: